Using addon domains, you can host multiple web sites with separate domain names on your IntroNexus Hosting account. An addon domain is a domain that points to a subdirectory within your primary account. For example, if you own the example.com domain name, you can configure it as an addon domain so that its files are stored in your account. A visitor to the example.com web site cannot tell that it is hosted on the same server as your primary domain.
To create an addon domain, follow these steps:
- In the Domains section of the cPanel home screen, click Addon Domains.
- Under Create an Addon Domain, type the domain name in the New Domain Name text box.
- Optionally, you can create an FTP account for use with the the Addon domain. Skip to instruction 4 unless you have a specific need for the FTP account.
- Check the Create an FTP account associated with this addon Domain check box.
- In the Password text box, type the account password that you want.
- In the Password (Again) text box, retype the account password.
- Click Add Domain. After the domain is created, you can add content pages for the domain in the document root directory specified in step 2.
When you create a new addon domain, the DNS records change. These changes can take up to 24 hours to fully propagate across the internet (though the process is usually much faster).
When you create an addon domain in the cPanel interface, the system automatically creates a subdomain. To alter or delete the subdomain after you create it, you may alter or delete the information that the addon domain’s website displays.
Also, when you create an addon domain, parked domain, subdomain, or main domain, the system will attempt to automatically secure that domain with the best-available existing certificate. If no certificate exists, the system will generate a self-signed certificate to secure the new domain.
If AutoSSL is enabled for the account that owns the new domain, the system will add a request for an AutoSSL certificate to secure the new domain and install it when it becomes available.